[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap, some questions

bfo bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Thu Aug 16 14:55:33 PDT 2012

Hi.
tl;dr, but IMHO ideal localized MozTrap system could be designed this way:
Tests should be written using some kind of special text editor with
autocomplete, in generic language (or based on English) using UI strings and
then those strings substituted to the language of choice (not only French).
The framework should be using .po files only.  How to achieve this? I don't
know. Maybe integrate with Pootle server or sync with LO sources? This would
allow to present UI strings in any language supported by LibreOffice. All
this seems like good candidate for GSOC project...
My 2 eurocents.
Best regards.
P.S.
Having multilanguage MozTrap can lead us to multilanguage reports in
Bugzilla... We do not want multilanguage Bugzilla, don't we? I already have
to use translator services in reports submitted by French or Spanish people.
Good to learn new languages, but... you know... time consuming while bugs
triage.