[Libreoffice-qa] Dialogs changed in master. Deliberate?

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Wed Dec 5 05:57:46 PST 2012

During my recent first efforts with bibisect (in aid of fdo#57197
"segfault: undo inertion of table row", in case you care), I noticed
that master changes defaults and shortcuts in a couple of Writer
dialogs compared to 3.6.4.3 and earlier.  Are these changes
deliberate, I wonder?  And this, of course, suggests the
meta-question: where should I look to find the answer for myself?

(*) In the dialog "Insert Tables", the shortcut for number of columns
    is changed from alt-C to alt-U.  This has the beneficial effect of
    leaving alt-C for Cancel.

(*) In the dialogs "Insert Rows" and "Insert Columns", the default for
    Position is changed from "After" to "Before".  This brings the
    default behaviour into line with the corresponding functions in
    Calc (although Calc just inserts the row or column without
    displaying a dialob).

Thanks,
Terry.