[Libreoffice-qa] Dailies by branch

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Dec 6 05:15:47 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 03:08 -0800, Pedro wrote:
> I would sincerely like to thank TDF for totally ignoring QA people.

	Surely it was input from people doing QA and wanting to encourage
others to do so that caused the change ? we're always trying to improve.
I'm sorry if the way the change happened made you feel ignored. For sure
- it's unusual that it was discussed on website@ (something I don't
read) and not on QA - no idea what's up there.

> Although I agree that structuring the Dailies in a more user friendly is a
> good idea maybe the people who use it daily could be consulted...

	That would be the intention - I for one have routinely wasted a chunk
of time clicking through empty directories in the past on that
machine :-)

> BTW is this what you call a symlink??? Really?

	And no - that's not what I call a symlink ;-) OTOH I didn't do the
change, and apparently we didn't keep some backwards compatible symlinks
(which should be rather easy to create FWIW).

> I believe this is the perfect method to motivate people and to attract
> people to QA! Congratulations!

	I'm sorry you're upset - apologies if we broke some workflow / links of
yours. On the other hand - asking for some new symlinks can be done more
elegantly :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.