[Libreoffice-qa] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-3.5.1.1 tag created (3.5.1-rc1)

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 01:54:28 PST 2012

Hi Petr, all

Petr Mladek wrote

> after some fighting, there have been created the libreoffice-3.5.1.1
> tag for 3.5.1-rc1 release. The corresponding official builds will be
> available within next few days.

I'm glad the x.x.x.y (where y is the rc version) numbering model was
accepted. This is particularly useful for QA and also for the new update
checking feature.

OTOH I'm puzzled that 3.5.1 is skipping Beta testing altogether. Since RC
builds replace the stable build (unless someone changed this behaviour)  and
parallel installs are not even similar to a real install (at least under
Windows) I think this is a bad option.

Is this the plan forward? Only versions x.x.0 have Betas?

Regards,
Pedro