[Libreoffice-qa] Evaluating first 3.5.0 Bug-Hunt Session

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Thu Jan 5 15:48:28 PST 2012

Hi Rainer, all,

Rainer Bielefeld wrote (30-12-11 10:12)

>> As far as I understood, general BugZilla activity was about two, three
>> times as much as normal. 60-80 issues touched against 30 on an avarage
>> day.

> I reworked it a little

In the mean time I had a mail from Rainer (thanks!) explaining that 91
bugreports have been submitted those days. And form those 28 from new users.

I have tried to get bulk-data from BugZilla about assignment of the
issues from Dec. 28 and 29 as most annoying.
- Sadly, I cannot add the field 'Blocks' as column in a report.
- And the field 'Depends on' form fdo#37361 shows as last four numbers
43837, 43856, 43867, and 44093. Whereas our list from Dec. 28/29 starts
with number 44203. (1)
So from the information there I have to conclude that only one is added
as 3.5.0 most annoying.
Which can indicate two things: less wrong with 3.5.0 , and/or issues not
yet looked at.

Speaking for myself: I am quite happy with the quality so far (for the
time in the process) but haven't looked a lot at the issues yet.
Even more: some 5-10 notes from myself wait for a moment to be changed
in issues in BugZilla...

I have save the query that I used (which strange enough only shows 80
issues ;-)  as BHS-350-1 and made available under the Saved searched in
Preferences for people with Edit rights.

Hope to have time to do some more BugZilla work next days.
What is the idea if others?

(  1) Could it be that the field 'Depends on' has difficulty in handling
the large amount of numbers? I am quite confident that I added 44219 to
that field too, but it is not listed... )

Cheers,

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org