[Libreoffice-qa] Excel Function Meta Bug?

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 07:46:36 PDT 2012

Thanks for responding Eike. Summary is that I was bug triaging and came
across a bug that had a list of functions in excel that are currently not
supported in LO. I wanted input from QA and Devs to see what the best
approach is. The options I came up with:

1. Leave excel bugs as is, keep that bug open with the list of functions,
in the comments I'll confirm individual functions as problematic in LO
(harder to track progress, harder for devs to pick up individual functions
out of the list)
2. Leave excel bugs as is, close bug that has so many functions in one,
tell user that we need them as individual bug reports (easier to track
progress this way)
3. Make a meta excel bug just for the functions, then I'll create
individual bugs for each bug listed by the user and make the meta bug
dependent on them (similar to most annoying)
4. Make a meta excel bug, separate the function bug into individual bug and
make meta bug dependent on ALL excel bugs (not just the functions one from
the original FDO)

Michael CC'ed you on it because he said you're currently the go to for
excel compatibility. My argument is that anything to make it easier to be
fully compatible with Excel is a plus if the goal is to convince MS Office
users that we can provide a better product than MS can.

Thanks for the feedback,
Joel