[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice Website Bug Hunting Session

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Jul 20 04:26:25 PDT 2012

Hi Olivier,

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 03:32:35AM -0700, Olivier Hallot [via Document Foundation Mail Archive] wrote:
> I actually would like to understand better the scope of the session. For
> example, I am one of the pt-BR admins and I think the whole Silverstripe
> template should be trashed and replaced with a more effective template.

I think that is clearly out of scope at least for _this_ session. We need to
first identify the issues we have with the website -- the technology behind it
is _not_ an issue in itself. If we find enough issues in itself _and_ a
technology change might solve that, we can consider it. But we are not there
yet: lets first get the whole picture of what needs to change, and base the
decision on that.

> But I am no webmaster nor silverstripe template and graphical designer
> expert. I just want a welcome portal where I can post news related to
> LibreOffice and OSS, and have shortcuts to get to the most important
> pages for the Brazilians. A 3 columns drupal/joomla standard template
> comes to my mind, with better use of the screen real state as a starting
> point, but it is just a guess.

Lets discuss our needs, but keep the technology out of the discussion. We can
get to that once we have somewhat of a holistic view on the issue.

Best,

Bjoern