[Libreoffice-qa] New Bugzilla Version Picker items – 2

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Jun 7 08:25:00 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 04:47:28PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 12:11 +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> > Petr Mladek schrieb:
> > "rc" should not appear in Help/About", that's an additional info added
> > to Bugzilla Version like "Master".
>
> yes
>
> > > Could we use the same scheme also in bugzilla? I mean:
> > >
> > >     3.5.98.1 (3.6.0alpha1)
> > >     3.5.98.1+ (3.6.0alpha1+daily)
> > >     3.5.99.1 (3.6.0beta1)
> > >     3.6.0.1 (3.6.0rc1)
> >
> > Yes, a big advantage would be if we coud rework the scheme a little so
> > that the version number is more or less in accordance with the timeline.
> > Currently I do not understand "3.5.99.1 (3.6.0beta1)". If that is
> > Mozilla intention I would prefer something like
> >
> > 3.6.0.00x  for alphas
> > 3.6.0.0x0  for betas
> > 3.6.0.100 for RC (example) and/or  release
> > 3.6.0.200 for RC (example) and/or  release

Just as an hint. Ubuntu/Debian would use something like:

 3.6.0~alpha1
 3.6.0~alpha1+daily20120606
 3.6.0~beta1
 3.6.0.1

for the version numbers above. The rationale for that can be found here:

 http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version

and I find it quite sensible (at least compared to what I saw on other
distros). Anyway, I have no passion about this, but before reinventing the
wheel one might reuse something documented and known to work.  YMMV etc.

Best,

Bjoern