[Libreoffice-qa] Make use of your karma - feel free to retag/edit posts (Fwd: Q&A forum feedback)

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:56:03 PST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Rimas Kudelis <rq at akl.lt> wrote:
> 2012.03.02 14:09, Christian Lohmaier rašė:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Pedro<pedlino at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I never received a copy of my sent email (I assume you rejected my
>>> previous
>>>
>>> suggestion of enabling the form to send a copy to the author)
>>
>> Yes, I regard it as pointless. If you want a copy for your own
>> records, send mail to the website list directly. After all it will
>> reach the same group of people (+ a couple more)
>>
>> You receiving a copy will not prevent me from making mistakes when
>> answering, so...
>>
>> When not receiving a reply, you need to resend/ping people anyway, no
>> matter whether you did receive a copy or not.
>

> It is convenient to have a record of what you have suggested though.

you will have record when you receive a reply. Otherwise any "record"
is just as useful as you writing it down yourself.
If you don't receive a reply, your request was not processed, not even
read, and thus you can wipe your ass with your "record" of the
original request, but nothing more.

> Receiving the message also means that the server "really works".

No, that does not prove anything at all. It might be able to send mail
to address xy, but not reach the admins, it proves nothing.

> Plus, not
> everyone knows that askbot feedback is to be sent to the website list.

People don't need to send it via the website list. But if you want the
original request for your own records, that's the easiest way.

> So, I
> wouldn't regard it as pointless, and if enabling this feature is as easy as
> checking a box, I would enable it if I were you.

There is no such checkbox.

ciao
Christian