[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

Nino Novak nn.libo at kflog.org
Tue Mar 6 23:42:10 PST 2012

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 March 2012, 02:45:13 Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

> I would like to set up a LibreOffice QA call to streamline our QA efforts. I
> propose to make our first call on:

Great!

Some ideas/wishes/comments from an interested layman:

> structured manual testing:
>  - oneshot populating Ubuntu checkbox for LibreOffice 3.5? (Nicholas Skaggs)
> - syncing checkbox from litmus for LibreOffice 3.6 (Yifan Jiang)

I'd like to add a typical requirement/wish from an occasional tester:
- to have an easy way to set up an individual collection of test cases which
can be reused (first idea: e.g. by tagging them), so that everybody sees, who
is "subscribed" to a test case (and also on which platform). Thereby, manual
release testing can be kind of self-coordinated without big effort.

> upstream bugwrangling:
>  - >1000 NEEDINFO bugs, what can we do about it? (Rainer Bielefeld, Cor
> Nouws) - general bug stats (Rainer Bielefeld)

idea/proposal from the German discuss list: to organize "Bug Review Weeks" (in
contrast/addition to "Bug Hunting Sessions") as community events, preferably
in native languages and only later on international level, so the learning
curve / barrier can be kept smooth.

An additional (possibly somewhat crazy) idea: To gather test cases from the
community by asking "What functionality do *you* want to be tested? Provide a
well-thought-out testcase for your personal most needed function (or most
annoying regression ;-) ".

Nino