[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.4.6 RC2 test builds available

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Wed Mar 14 09:48:17 PDT 2012

Fridrich Strba schrieb:

> for 3.4.6 RC2, we're now uploading builds to a public (but
> non-mirrored - so don't spread news too widely!) place, as soon as
> they're available. Grab them here:

> If you've a bit of time, please give them a try&  report *critical*
> bugs not yet in bugzilla here,

Hi,

we had exactly 0 reports for 3.4.6 RC1, and I doubt that anybody will do
systematic tests with RC2 (I won't do either).

We still have 45 unfixed regressions compared to 3.3, Lifecycle of 3.4
will end with 3.4.6(?), so this version is more or less useless for most
(or at least very many) 3.3 or 3.4 users. Who would want to test a car
when he knows that still 1 tire is flat and never will be repaired?
Although 3 tires have been repaired, that car will be completely useless
forever.

It's my belief that we will have to rethink our release concept.

Please excuse me that I can't tell anything more enthusiastic.

Best regards

Rainer