[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of the LibreOffice QA call 2012-05-18 14:00 UTC

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sat May 19 01:15:30 PDT 2012

Bjoern Michaelsen schrieb:

> AA+ add yourself on openhatch.org (all)

Hi,

I think it is a good idea to do some networking, offer help and
contribution, ask for volunteers. And may be openhatch.org can be a
platform for that.

But for all people who have a brain working similar to mine that website
is a terrible mess, for me every step was painful, to find where I can
do a click announcing that I am interested in LibreOffice was more or
less impossible. I clicked "want to help" and now I am listed as "Want
to contribute". The projects selector is unsorted, "show all projects"
is at a completely different place than "show more projects".

That might mean
a) if Rainer does not understand that we have a good chance that
    everybody else will be happy with openhatch.org
b) we can't recommend that platform for everybody's use

openhatch.org might be a good platform for geeks ("Widgetize yourself" -
good grief!), but I believe it's completely useless to bring normal
users in contact with LibreOffice contribution.

Best regards

Rainer