[Libreoffice-qa] Spam on this list

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu May 24 04:13:16 PDT 2012

Hi Rainer, *,

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Rainer Bielefeld
<LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de> wrote:
> Terrence Enger schrieb:
>
> The "ban" list seems to be rather useless, it seems that those addresses are
> not added to a filter rule?

Probably nobody else has seen the management interface, so no idea
what ban list refers to with respect to mail delivery from the list.
But regarding Mailman's "privacy options" category:
If you're referring to the subscription banlist, then indeed it is not
working as that only tells mailman to never subscribe that address.

You would have to add the address to the "Sender Filters", add it to
the list of non-member addresses that will automatically be discarded.

For more filtering, use the "Spam filters" option - this is limited to
filter against message headers though.

> I am tending to make this list a closed one.

This would be pointless.

> I can't see any good reason why
> that should not be done.

Because the only reason to host the list on fdo and not on tdf servers
was the ability to have it without the reply-to mangling, having
people use "reply all".
That way it's easy for non-subscribers to post something and still
receive answers to that specific thread.

I rather use a better client-side spam-filter...

ciao
Christian