[Libreoffice-qa] How to improve our Bug tracking system

MiguelAngel mariosv at miguelangel.mobi
Wed May 30 14:41:29 PDT 2012

El 22/05/12 19:36, Rainer Bielefeld escribió:
> Hi all,
> I now want to start to collect ideas how we can make a big step
> improving our (Bugzilla) Bug tracking system. The goal is that after we

Hi all,

A few comments about.

a) From user POV, the first time in bugzilla is not easy because you
need select LibreOffice to introduce the bug, and LibreOffice is not in
the beginning of a long applications list. Difficult to know where you
are, specially for people without level of English. Like a wall for many
people I think.

· Best an own bugzilla.

b) Break the perception that sometimes have reporters, who think that
nobody is care about his reported bug.
I guess when devs gain same confidence in some users it's easier for
those gain the devs attention.
  Maybe some community volunteers can make a first approximation to the
bugs, i.e. get more information from the users, verify the bug, do a
first classification, regression, bug, improvement, blocker, critical, etc.

· If it was possible, have in bugzilla community volunteers, a figure
like volunteers in the forums, I think could be a very good one of the
first step for people begun into community support. And maybe would help
so much in QA.

c) We always think our bugs are the more important in the world, and
tend to fix the importance too high in consequence. This introduce too
noise in the bugzilla.

· Don't let the reporters set the importance at least without a second
confirmation, for example from a volunteer.

d) The header bug with the comment box is so hight. You can`t see in the
first view the first post. And as the comment box is on top, while
writing a comment you can't see the last comments.

· Design the header with a more compressed presentation, moving the
comment box to the bottom.

Could be a volunteers group in the TDF?.
IMHO a good step to make easy for the people introducing in the project,
feel as part, participating in some decisions, create bridges for people
who don't know the English. And probably get a wider base of the community.

PFME.
Miguel Ángel.

  * Inglés - detectado
  * Inglés