[Libreoffice-qa] request for projector testing ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu May 31 03:00:04 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

	Yesterday I re-factored the projector display detection for the
slideshow in impress quite substantially, and also fixed some threading
evilness in the code. For me (for no apparent reason) the presenter view
shows up in black & white with no pretty images [ I imagine it will for
others ] and that needs fixing but ...

	I'd -really- appreciate people testing the windows and Mac master
builds as of today eg.

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/W2008R2@16-minimal_build/master/current/
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/MacOSX-Intel@1-built_no-moz_on_10.6.8/master/current/

	Dunging out your profile (ie. starting with clean settings); doing a
first, run - start impress, hit F9; things I'd like checked:

	* the slides should be on your external monitor by default
	  the presenter view should be on your laptop LCD / local
	  monitor
		+ I believe this was broken in the past & it detected
		  the display carefully & got it the wrong way around.

	* everything else continues to work: eg. the 'Exchange' button
	  should swap the displays nicely [ please try several times ]

	* Projecting works nicely even with a single monitor - you get
	  the slides.

	* Display hot-plug works no worse than it did before :-)

	If you could CC me on bugs that'd be much appreciated; that code is/was
quite fragile and non-obvious, hopefully it is better now.

	Thanks,

		Michael.