[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 05:19:32 PST 2012

On 11/23/2012 01:27 PM, Pedro wrote:
> Petr Mladek wrote
>> The migration should basically work. Note that it migrates only
>> configuration from the official builds but not from the dev builds.
>
> Maybe this should be added for future situations?
> I doesn't make sense to ask people to do early master testing and bug
> reporting and then answer "Don't worry that probably works in the final
> version" ;)

Migrating user data /from/ LOdev builds is probably never what is wanted
(and would also be technically difficult, as, IIUC, LOdev builds can be
installed to arbitrary locations and create their user data underneath
their install locations).

What is rather missing, IIUC, is that LOdev builds do not try to migrate
user data from existing LibreOffice builds, right?

Stephan