[Libreoffice-qa] LDTP now works for Linux, Win & Mac

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Tue Oct 16 00:04:13 PDT 2012

Terrence Enger wrote:
> I have played with it a little bit, and it looks really neat.
> Thoughts arising ...

Hi Terrence,

thanks a lot for looking into this -

> (3) That start-and-end, with nothing in between, takes about 28
>     seconds.  My admittedly wimpy machine could do that about 3000
>     times a day.  This does not bode well for heavy use of the tool.

That would be probably acceptable - since tasks could be distributed
over many people?

> (4) The "usually" in point (1) troubles me.  One execution can produce
>     14 levels of stack trace leading from my program statement `ldtp
>     import *` to message "socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection
>     refused".  Subsequent executions do the expected start-and-end.
>     My newbie instinct shouts "timing issue".  So, the next part of
>     the learning curve will be steeper.

That is a downer indeed - the last thing you want is unreliable
tests. Curious how much of that is due to the usage of the
accessibility API. Which platform / versions were you using again?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten