[Libreoffice-qa] Request hold 3.6.3 final release for fdo#53474 - Windows Accessibility

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Fri Oct 26 08:29:39 PDT 2012

Micahel,

Michael Meeks-2 wrote
> 	I reviewed & merged it to -3-6, it was reasonably trivial - had it been
> proposed in good time for -3-6-3 we could have got another couple of
> reviews, so that's sad - we were busy this minor release cycle.
> Actually, simply posting a mail with [REVIEW-3-6-3] a11y fix - with a
> link to the patch and a plea for a couple of reviews might have done it
> for you.

I'll keep the "[REVIEW-3-6-3] a11y fix" flag handy for the next round. But,
I'm
 not sure David and Stephan would consider it trivial given the way the Java
and UNO accessibility source was structured.

> 	Moving ahead, what would -really- help would be to have more testing &
> bug reports against master - which (generally) is in quite a good state
> vs. 3.6 and should be usable. Indeed, if people really want to be
> connected to development, and have every one of their -regression- bugs
> taken really seriously, talked through in the ESC calls etc. they need
> to be filing them vs. master/3.7 - where the bugs are most easy to find
> and fix.

In fact, I have not yet tested this patch against a 3-7 build of master.

Problems with the daily TinderBox builds took the better  part of  two weeks
to get  the initial  commit for this issue tested.  I had to ask to have it
pushed
down on  the -3-6 build  for testing because there has not been a viable
Windows
 build  of master complete in close to a month, Tinderbox 16 does not count
as it is a
minimal build.

Seems that if we are going to solicit more  testing and bug reporting
against the Windows
builds of master the MSVC and MinGW TinderBoxes need to be more  closely
monitored and assistance rendered to assure viable testing can occur.

Stuart