[Libreoffice-qa] Excel Macros in LibO

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Oct 31 07:11:24 PDT 2012

Alex Thurgood píše v St 24. 10. 2012 v 12:40 +0200:
> Le 23/10/2012 19:03, Joel Madero a écrit :
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> > I just wanted to confirm that just because a macro was made in Excel
> > doesn't mean it'll work in LibO right? And if a user is reporting a bug
> > against an excel macro, the correct path would be to....mark as INVALID?
> > NOTOURBUG?
>
> My understanding was that Excel VBA support was at best "experimental"
> and at worst, simply non-functional, so I suppose if we were to adopt a
> middle-road then it could potentially be accepted as a request for
> enhancement.

I agree. A lot of work has been done on the VBA compatibility in the
past. We should keep it working (avoid regressions) and even extend it
if there are interested developers.

By other words, I would mark such bugs either as regressions or as
enhancements. The regressions should not be blockers. I would use the
severity Critical, Major, or even Normal according to the guessed
impact.

Noel has done a lot of work in this area, so he is a good contact
person. Also Uray is mentiones as Basic expert[1]. I wonder if he is
interested into VBA as well.

Best Regards,
Petr

Reference: