[Libreoffice-qa] [LibreOffice-QA] Conference Call 2013-04-19 - Agenda & Minutes

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sat Apr 20 02:29:59 PDT 2013

Sophie Gautier schrieb:

> please consider that we (FR group) are acting as a community and not as
> individuals,

> Concerning this process
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BSA/Localization
> it seems a bit bureaucratic to me.

Hi Sophie,

I agree. Currently I see a tendency that the QA calls generate decisions
and want to change proceedings without knowing enough concerning
existing proceedings. The advisable way would be to ask the French QA
team via mailing list to leave some notes in the Wiki how they proceed
(or how they plan to proceed). If then someone has ideas for
improvements he can start a discussion with the team within the team (as
a newbee there). And only with very good urgent reasons (coordinations
needs between such sub-communities or whatever) a discussion may be
started on international level.

What's more or less the same what Sophie said more friendly.

BTW, @Sophie:
Is the BSA-Fr already working or at least is there some concrete goal
when it should work [2]? If the problems still will need some time for a
solution, and also may be for bug reports in French language what will
find their way into Bugzilla also in future, I can offer a Bugzilla
solution. The qa at fr mailing list will get exactly 1 mail if the list
will be added as QA-contact or similar. If the 10 key bug wranglers [1]
know how to proceed that should work nearby 100% perfect. Precondition
is that the list has a Bugzilla account, the rest are some smart e-mail
settings for the account.

I prefer such a solution to the current proceeding to add French
language users to CC.

If you are interested please simply discuss on the fr-qa list and send a
ping to me if I can help.

Best regards

Rainer

Addendum: