[Libreoffice-qa] QA Meeting Minutes - 2013-08-23

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Tue Aug 27 00:18:38 PDT 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 05:00:32 +0200, Terrence Enger
<tenger at iseries-guru.com> wrote:

>> (*) Florian R. - If new repo --> Include older versions!!
>>
>>     (*) Bjoern - Including older versions would expand the
>>         repository and make the initial download size much larger
>>         (might be scary for first-time QA members?)
>
> Perhaps we could get a lot of the benefit of the older versions from
> just a few of them.  We would not be able to locate a regression with
> precision, but that could be a good tradeoff.  Of course, the oldest
> version found in the bibisect40 repositiory and the earliest runnable
> version of LibreOffice would be particularly interesting.
>
> Terry.

AFAIK the bibisect is a Linux thing and there's nothing like this on
Windows.
Window user can however do manual regression tests using the portable
X-LibreOffice version developed from winPenPack.

here's their repository including all versions they did:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winpenpack/files/X-LibreOffice/releases/

versions from 3.3.3 to 4.1.0 are available (4.0.5 is still under work)