[Libreoffice-qa] Git error with bibisect40

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Wed Dec 11 13:00:58 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 23:14 +0700, Korrawit Pruegsanusak wrote:
> Hello Ken, all,
>
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Ken Biondi <kenbiondi at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> > Unfortunately neither git checkout . nor git clean -fd, git reset
--hard
> > solved my problem.
>
> I wonder what is your output of git status.
>
> Anyway, I would try delete everything except one .git/ hidden folder,
> and do git checkout oldest.

I have added Ken's pair of commands from his earlier email and his
recommendation from below to the wiki, with no more explanation than
"if one does not solve the problem, try the next".
The change:
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=QA%
2FHowToBibisect&action=historysubmit&diff=81218&oldid=81064>;
the result:
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/HowToBibisect#Installed_LibreOffice_became_modified_unexpectedly>.

> Note: I didn't try bibisect40 yet, so this may not work. :-)

Several times along the way, I have resorted to the extreme measure of
deleting the directory with the bibisect repository and extracting it
again from the tarfile.  That is perhaps the ultimate repair.

Terry.