[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap: relation between version/runs/cases

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Thu Dec 19 01:56:59 PST 2013

Hi Sophie,

A direct guess of mine is the new test cases not included in a test
suite, which is the only way to get test cases in a test run.

That is to say, when a test run is being created, selecting
corresponding test suite wrapping those cases is the only method for
us to select wanted test cases. So before the test run is created, the
target test cases should be there in a test suite. This is actually a
way I don't really like :(

So when creating a brand new test case, there's chance to select
which test suite should it be in:

    http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/case/add/

Unfortunately the UI seems not there when editing an existed case. In
this situation, we need to edit the test suite in:

    http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/suites/

and edit P3 test suite here:

    http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/suite/12/

in the page, the "p3" tag search in the left hand side panel is usable
to get the "wizard" specific cases.

In addition, updating the test suite does not update test run on the
fly, we need to recreate a test run after doing proper test suite set
up.

It seems we are having much more fun with Moztrap, my further comments
as below. Cheers :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:51:21AM +0100, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Hi Yi Fan, all
>
> I need some help to understand the relation between test cases, run,
> versions.
> - when I create a new Version (LibreOffice 4.2.0), I indicate that test
> cases are based on LibreOffice 0

Yes, that's right.

> - then I've created 4.2.0 beta2 and 4.2.0RC1 runs always based on
> LibreOffice 0 test cases

When you created test runs, the cases in them are based on test suites
in the version. So in this scenario, the runs should have been based
on "Libreoffice 4.2.0 Version+Selected test suites"

> The problem I encounter currently is that if I modify test cases or
> create new one on LibreOffice 0, they are not updated to the new run I
> will create for this version.
> Before creating 4.0.2 RC1 run, I've added two new test cases to check
> wizards feature in Writer, but they don't appear in this run. It seems
> that the test cases appear only if I create a new Version. Or may be
> there is something wrong that I'm doing? I've tried several time without
> finding a solution.

Ditto :)

> May be I can delete the actual LibreOffice 4.2.0 version and recreate
> it, but what would happen to the existing 4.2.0 beta2 run?

It doesn't help if test cases are not in a test suite :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

--
  Yifan Jiang