[Libreoffice-qa] Reported issues show the tendency to be more user questions ? BSA related ?

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Mon Jul 1 14:57:37 PDT 2013

Hi Bjoern,

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote (01-07-13 16:59)

> Yes, I thinkk you have a point there. E.g. as much as I think OpenID login to
> bugzilla would increase the reports, I also indeed feel that would reduce
> quality (and push the work "inwards" -- towards our rare and valued QA triage
> volunteers instead of "outwards" to the users and thereby growing skillbase and
> community).

Indeed, well understood.

> I dont think so -- esp. it would not reduce the workload of those involved.

I think so. For the French it is also to help people not so good with
English, I thought. But that is a specific goal then. Not a general
solution or relief.
What I do see, is that on the Dutch list people that are afraid from
BugZilla, post to a list so that people can discuss and someone file a
bug, if needed. Looks a bit as the French process.

> What one might entertain is the idea to add a "you seem to be filing a support
> request, have you considered to use ask.libreoffice.org, which is likely the
> better place and will result in a quicker answer?".

Hmm ;) nice direction to think about. Wording and timing (place) of such
a hint my be crucial.

Cheers,
Cor
--