[Libreoffice-qa] Send Feedback...and BSA ideas

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Sat Jul 20 10:32:36 PDT 2013

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote
> The problem there is deduplication and the amounts of channels. Many devs
> do
> not even look at ask, so Im still conflicted on adding mozillas "input"
> thingie, which I assume will be even less read by developers, thus
> possibly
> ending us in a "in space no one can hears you scream" situation(*).

Hi!
I think that every service has its purpose and its own target audience.
Ask site is for support heroes, input as a whiteboard and scream at us
service could be ideal for marketing, UI and QA guys. All actionable items
should be filed in Bugzilla only and it should be the main devs channel to
look at to pick up bugs, request QA action, etc. When all info is delivered
Gerrit is used when they want to contribute the code.
Duplication and misuse of targeted services by users is inevitable. Mozilla
for instance had the same problem with bugzilla>sumo, sumomo. Fortunately
you can build dedicated volunteer teams around those services who will clean
them up. QA is fighting with unconfirmeds, duplicates and needinfos in
Bugzilla, not mentioning a workflow for non English reports setup recently.
I am sure there are Ask heroes doing the same triage.
Moztrap -  I completely forgot about this service. Well, it is advertised on
the wiki as a critical part of beta and rc testing, but in real life it is
not a blocker before each release or including new features in a stable
release (Personas for instance as a late feature). There weren't any Moztrap
test day campaigns during 4.1 beta and rc stage. Also during 4.0 test
marathon it was mentioned only in one sentence. Even Joel's blog post
summarizing the event doesn't mention it, so there is no wonder that only
few use it.
Best regards.