[Libreoffice-qa] Questions about contents of an extension file (mysql-connector-ooo.oxt

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:13:20 PDT 2013

      I'm not sure to which mailing list this should go to. Perhaps
someone could tell me. I have created a linux mysql-connector (x86 and
.x86-64). There are things that I want to know about the contents of the
extension.

Questions about changing the "description.xml file in the extension:

1) How do I change this to refer strictly to LibreOffice, or should I
change it?

<description xmlns="http://openoffice.org/extensions/description/2006"
xmlns:d="http://openoffice.org/extensions/description/2006"

2) How do I change the dependencies to LibreOffice 4.0?

     <dependencies>
          <OpenOffice.org-minimal-version value="3.3"
d:name="OpenOffice.org 3.3"/>
     </dependencies>

Questions about changing the "manifest.xml" file in the extension:

1) Can I change the reference to OOo to LO? If so, what part should be
changed? Can /data/org/openoffice/Office/ be changed to
libreoffice/Office as long as the openoffice folder is renamed to
/data/libreoffice/Office/? (The path to the Drivers.xcu will have to be
changed.)

<manifest:manifest xmlns:manifest="http://openoffice.org/2001/manifest">
     <manifest:file-entry
manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.uno-components;platform=linux_x86"
         manifest:full-path="components.rdb"/>
     <manifest:file-entry
manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.configuration-data"
manifest:full-path="registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess/Drivers.xcu"/>
</manifest:manifest>

Questions about changing the "components.rdb"

1) Can it be modified to replace openoffice with libreoffice?

2) How can I get the extension's license to appear and require consent
when installing the extension?

--Dan