[Libreoffice-qa] Page for BSA process in other languages

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:56:53 PDT 2013

Hi Robinson,
On 21/03/2013 20:01, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Sophie Gautier
> <gautier.sophie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is a process, not intended for users of the BSA but dedicated to
>> the NL QA teams and its organization
>
> When I said "most people will find the primary BSA page first," I
> meant the primary BSA page on the wiki. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The
> BSA page on the wiki
> (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant) is
> basically all technical information, so it was my understanding that
> the wiki page about the localized BSAs would also be focused on a
> technical audience.

In fact, it's less about the BSA technical part than about organizing
the NLP QA team dealing with the BSA reports.

> I looked for information about the NLang QA teams on the QA wiki
> pages, but I didn't see anything. I found a table on the Localization
> wiki page here:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language

No, we do not have such page yet, may be more when Moztrap will be
localized and used by the NLP QA teams where we will have to coordinate
our work and also deal with more processes. This is one of the aim of
the BSA translation to have more NLP participating to the triaging.

> If the QA Team is going to put localized QA teams in charge of NLang
> BSAs, do we think a link to that table from the QA wiki page be
> sufficient, or would people prefer to have more information about each
> NLang QA team available on the wiki? Personally, I'd suggest that we
> have a separate wiki page for any NLang team that takes on an ongoing
> responsibility like a NLang BSA. I think that such a page could live
> on the wiki under /QA/, so for example the page for the French team
> could live at /QA/FR team/.

It's more about organization than who is part of the team. The
information I have to write is of the kind
--> before requesting on being part of the BSA NLP process
- make sure you already know how to deal with BZ
- make sure you have enough people able to write good reports in English
- etc...
so you see, the BSA come secondary in the process and the technical side
should already be known by the team.
As an example it's closer to the Localization guide
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_Localization_Guide
I need to document all what you have to know and make sure about your
team before trying to participate. We don't want to bring more work to
the QA team, or to have incomplete/bad bug reports, and we don't want
the NLP to be disappointed because after doing all the translations,
they realize they don't have enough resources to participate.

>> of course l10n of the page will
>> follow so moving the page after will be more difficult. So I would like
>> to follow the QA project rules here.
>
> Fair enough. I don't really know much about the i10n of the wiki -- it
> sounds like so far we've just been translating wiki pages on an ad-hoc
> basis. What are the QA project rules? I looked on the QA and QA Team
> wiki pages, but didn't find anything.

There is an organization between the pages, if you look at the QA
category. The localization of the page could be organized then using
templates through the NLP QA team, just like we have
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Category:FR/QA

Kind regards
Sophie
--