[Libreoffice-qa] What should we do with bugs filed against Extensions/Templates?

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sat Mar 30 10:50:01 PDT 2013

Robinson Tryon schrieb:

> Bugzilla is for bugs that we're willing to address/fix as a project,

Hi Robinson,

I am (more or less) the the creator of the LibO Bugzilla bug tracking
system, so I think I have some overview what should be done and what
should not be done.

> I'll leave some notes there, and make a note about that page section
> in the agenda for our next meeting. What do you think about moving
> that proposal to the 'Talk' page for BugTriage?

No! Consider that text as the current regulations for the proceeding, if
you or anybody else has well founded suggestions he can simply add
amendments or corrections with some explications on the talk page.
Please excuse me for my direct statement: we do not need a theoretical
consideration here, the experienced key players know how to handle that.

Butneverthless  I agree with some of your and especially Cor's
arguments, it is important to state that it's a LibO / TDF service to
contribute a platform to make public the Extensions, but the Extensions
are out of our responsibility, and users install them on their own risk
and have no claims against LibO concerning correct function of the
extensions, maintenance and so on. Especially unexperienced end users
might draw wrong conclusions if they find a bug report concerning an
extension among all the other LibO related bug reports. I will add an
additional hint in the Bugzilla and BSA Help for that Component so that
everybody can see that the handling of Extension bugs might differ from
the handling of bug report related to LibO core components.

If somebody thinks we need some more explication / clarification on the
Extensions Website, he should simply submit a bug report. Experts will
find that, discuss if necessary and contribute a fix.

Best regards

Rainer