[Libreoffice-qa] Cleaning up QA Nabble and Archive folders from Spam?

Florian Effenberger floeff at documentfoundation.org
Sun May 12 04:53:29 PDT 2013

Hi,

Sophie Gautier wrote on 2013-05-11 18:50:

> Drew is currently not available and I'm taking care of Nabble. I think
> the spam you see here is the one getting on the list. I can remove all
> the spam mails on Nabble, but they'll still be on the archive, see:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/2013-May/004436.html
>
> So I'm not sure what to do in that case?

I don't have any direct access to the FreeDesktop lists, so I cannot
delete spam here. From what I recall, deleting spam in Mailman works
from the command line via SSH, if you delete the mails out of the mbox
file (e.g. with mutt), and then let the archive rebuild.

IMHO, the LibreOffice lists at FreeDesktop are configured in a wrong
way, because they allow everyone to post. I'd never ever do so on the
TDF infrastructure, it's against any good mail practice I know of, but
the feedback I got when noting that was that "developers want it that
way". Well... I don't know why, but it seems I have to accept that, and
we need to live with spam then. :-(

Florian