[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice and Windows 2000

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu May 23 09:26:08 PDT 2013

Hi all

Starting from version 4.0 LibreOffice no longer supports Windows 2000
("Dropped support of Windows 2000" in
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-0-new-features-and-fixes/)
which makes sense since Microsoft itself doesn't support it since July 2010

Therefore I assume the final version for Windows 2000 is 3.6.x (probably
3.6.7...)

However in my old Windows 2000 machine, when I pressed the Check for Update
button I was suggested to update to 4.0.3

Isn't it possible to check for OS version and suggest the LO version
accordingly?

This would be a good test for the upcoming EOL of Windows XP, in less than a
year from now :)

(This should probably be CCed to the Dev list, but I don't know how to do it
on Nabble...)

Cheers,
Pedro