[Libreoffice-qa] Where should users report bugs?

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Tue Nov 5 06:20:25 PST 2013

Hello Robinson, *,
On Dienstag, 5. November 2013 14:56 Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Robinson Tryon
> <bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> => What bugs should be reported to our LibreOffice bugtracker?
>>
>> => What bugs should be reported to distros?

I would say only bugs, that are in our version of LO should go to
our bugtracker, but the ones from the distros to their adequate
bugtracker ... ;) Maybe we could close those bugs with a comment á
la "This bug is only related to $version of $distro. @reporter:
Would you be so kind to report it again at $link?“ or the like ...
;)

> Relevant:
>
> We currently have a link in the LibreOffice menus "Help -> Send
> Feedback" that currently points at the BSA and will point at the
> more generalized Feedback page soon.

What does "soon" mean? The next weeks, months ... ;?

<snip>
> If we want distros to receive some/all bugs filed against
> distro-provided builds of LibreOffice, then we should think about
> the best way to patch-out that menu option so that the program
> will send users to the right BTS.

Would it not be better, when each distro changes this to their own
BTS? I am not sure, if there is already a feature request in one of
the different BTSes though ... :(
HTH
Thomas.

--