[Libreoffice-qa] Where should users report bugs?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 10:08:40 PST 2013

Hi Rob

Rob Snelders-2 wrote
>>> Emails can be validated (in the same way your email client
>>> immediately informs you that an address is not valid: it checks
>>> with the target mail server)
>
> I have always learned to turn that feature off. So you can't verify a
> mail-address against the mailserver I maintained. I don't think I'm the
> only one as that is a way to fight spam. So they can't file bugs anymore?

I was thinking about regular people who use regular mails. Not people
running their own servers...

And the answer would be no, they couldn't. But then again, you can't
register to Bugzilla without a valid email, so I can't see why people are
arguing against my suggestion...

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/createaccount.cgi

Rob Snelders-2 wrote
> I think we should at least make the registration-requirement
> later in the process

I disagree. I think that the requirements must be obvious from the start. If
a registration is required the user should know and agree with it.

When I come across sites that do those kind of tricks, my reaction is to
close the page immediately. And then the site looses my feedback and I am
pissed because I wasted my time...