[Libreoffice-qa] Existing German translation in Moztrap

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:50:02 PST 2013

Hi Thomas, all,
Le 13/11/2013 20:11, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> Hello Sophie, *,
[...]

> I was wrong here, sorry ... :( Yifan imported from Litmus to
> MozTrap, not from TCM to MozTrap (see
> for further information).

yes, I remember that

[...]

>> What I would like (but it's still a dream) is that we have
>> something like what LimeSurvey provides for translations, but
>> inside Moztrap.
>
> You are not the only one ... ;) Petr mentioned in the old Moztrap
> thread, that they were looking for a volunteer to implement it, but
> I am not sure, if something happened there
> (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/3986)
> ... :( If you want to read the whole thread, you can read it here:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/3775.
> It starts a little bit below and is rather longish, so be prepared
> ... ;)

I think that my complains was part of Petr says ;) I even requested a
budget for that and have it under l10n item together with Jesus.

>> I don't know if it's possible. Moztrap uses
>> python/django and I don't know what is available for localization
>
> Hm. I am not sure, if it is possible for MozTrap itself. A short
> search for "localization" on
> http://moztrap.readthedocs.org/en/1.0.X/userguide/index.html was not
> that, what I have hoped for ... :( Also
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MozTrap/Admin_Guide does not
> mention it ... :(

I've discussed about it with Moztrap developers. They say it's possible
but are not interested to participate or work on it. They are still
available for pointers, but not more.

>> here. For the moment, we will run the tests only in English, that
>> will deprive us from a part of the testers but that is at least
>> better than nothing.
>
> But that would be a hurdle for people, who are not able to read
> English ... :(

Yes, I'm aware of that, and I'm really sad about it because I know
several members who are waiting for it to participate to QA, but there
is nothing I can do here if we don't find a django dev interesting to
work on l10n for Moztrap.
So for now, as I said, instead of having nothing because I believe it's
important for QA and LibO, I prefer we use it in English only and maybe
that will bring more interest to the tool itself too.

>>> Thank you for your info
>>
>> I'll give more information here once I've updated all the test
>> cases and added the new ones, then, I'll invite the QA team to
>> take a tour ;)
>
> Thank you very much :) I am eager to test it then ... ;)
> Have a nice evening

Thanks, have a nice evening too :)

Kind regards
Sophie