[Libreoffice-qa] Feedback page

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 11:52:26 PST 2013

We've had some great discussion/planning on IRC today, so I want to
sum-up what we've said and make some notes for the future:

- We like the idea of a feedback page
- Put it in Silverstripe
- Suggested URL: https://libreoffice.org/feedback
- Joel is going to get us a mailing list (EN) for feedback
- Localize it -> Sophie will help coordinate l10n teams
- First draft: http://testing.eagleeyet.net/~qubit/www-feedback/

Feedback form or mailto: link?  Why not both?:
http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/6959/contact-form-or-mailto-link

The general plan is:

The 'Give Feedback' link in the program will take you to the feedback
page (instead of the BSA). If a  'locale' variable is passed-in, the
feedback page will provide a localized version (if available), but
we'll have some kind of language-picker on the side of the page for
users to select.

By default, the Ask, Bug/Enhancement, and Send (Email) Feedback links
will note that they are English-only. Any l10n team that provides
language-specific versions of these services (e.g. the FR-BSA) may
file a request to have the feedback page offer the l10n service
instead of the English default.

Anything else I'm missing?

Cheers,
--R