[Libreoffice-qa] How long before a released build is notified by Update?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 04:34:39 PST 2013

Hi qubit

Robinson Tryon wrote
> Based on my understanding of the updating mechanism (see the section
> "Upgrade Logic"), your 4.1.0.1 install should give you an offer to
> upgrade to 4.1.3 now. Could you please check that out?

Yes, it should. But it doesn't.

On another laptop with version 3.6.5.2 the update suggested is 4.0.5, when
4.0.6 has been available for over a month now...

Robinson Tryon wrote
> Perhaps we should show the full version number, or provide build dates?

I still don't understand why the full version is shown on the About box
(e.g. Version: 4.1.2.3) but checking for updates shows "LibreOffice 4.1 is
up to date." What is the point in this? It just confuses users...

Why not "LibreOffice 4.1.2.3 is up to date." or simply (as Mozilla does)
"LibreOffice is up to date." ?

Cheers,
Pedro