[Libreoffice-qa] Collapsing 3.5.x FDO Maintenance

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Thu Oct 17 21:48:12 PDT 2013

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 01:09:43 +0200, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:55:24 +0200, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I've begun the process of collapsing 3.5.x to 3.5 all releases....
>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if it's already time to do the same with 3.6.x
>
> Per the Release Plan, 3.6 is slated to be collapsed in January:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan#3.6_release
>
> We could discuss making the EOL date and the collapse-all-versions
> date be the same.

+1. IMHO there's no point in that 6 months delay between EOL and collapse.

> Rob has suggested that we go further and only
> include supported (and possibly some beta-test) releases in the BSA.

It may have a sense. I see the BSA a s a tool more oriented towards
newbies (no offense) so we should keep it simpler. moreover I think the
newbies are probably using recent official LibO releases so it's unlikely
that they are going to report bugs encountered in old beta releases.

> Once we EOL a release, we would remove it from the BSA and advise
> users with older versions to upgrade and re-confirm the presence of
> the bug in a supported version before filing a bug report.

sound good to me.