[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.6 RC2 test builds available

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 08:11:42 CEST 2013

Hi Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote
> This link (for example) :
> https://www.libreoffice.org/download/?type=deb-x86_64&version=4.0.6&lang=fr
> It gives only the RC1.
>
> And the link in the mail that I answered is the only one related to LO
> 4.0.6.2. So there is no mean for users to find LO 4.0.6.2

Actually my sentence was incorrect. I said "If you are really interested in
testing it you can still find it at some mirrors e.g. " when in fact the
4.0.6.2 build is no longer available in the pre-release but it is being
uploaded to all mirrors. So I should have said "you can *already* find it at
some mirrors"

There will be a second announcement when it is available in all mirrors and
then the link in the download page you mentioned will change to the RC2.

So, you are correct that 4.0.6.2  should have stayed available in the
pre-release folder even if 4.1.3.1 is being replaced by 4.1.3.2 (this was
probably a mistake...)

Since currently there are two versions available at pre-release most of the
time, there should be either two separate folders (e.g. pre-release\stable
and pre-release\current)  or keep a single folder but find some mechanism
that prevents builds from being erased before they are mirrored and publicly
announced...

Just my 2 cents ;)