[Libreoffice-qa] ping to retest old bugs

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:57:24 PST 2014

On 12/30/2014 12:41 PM, Terrence Enger wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-12-30 at 09:01 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
>> Hey Tommy,
>>
>> Top posting because this is finally happening. Before running it
>> officially I'd like to allow people to see the text I'm using and the
>> query I'm going to use it on.
>>
>> Text: http://pastebin.com/7GiJnj7N (note, not looking for nit-picky, but
>> if there is a serious problem with it, please let me know)
> It says, in part:
>     Your bug was confirmed at least 1 year ago and has not had any
>     activity on it for over a year.
>
>> Query:
>> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_severity=trivial&bug_status=NEW&chfieldto=-2Y&list_id=509836&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&short_desc=meta&short_desc_type=notregexp&status_whiteboard=EasyHack&status_whiteboard_type=notregexp
>>
>> What I tried to do (I hate FDO queries): 2+ years no activity, exclude
>> anything with meta or easyhack, also excluded are enhancement requests.
> This, of course, makes "at least 1 year ago" and "over a year" true,
> but they are understatements.  FWIW, I agree with Stuart that
> three-hundred-odd is a good number to hit.
Agreed about understatement but we want to make this routine so - this
round will seem a bit ridiculous but after that, if we do it once a
month or every other month (or every new release), then it won't seem so
ridiculous.

> Can you capture and publish a list of the bugs you ping this way?
> Then we can:
So FDO sucks for this kind of task BUT we can just search for bugs
touched by qa-admin account on the day that I run it....not ideal and
things will be missed but it'll give us a bit of an idea.

>> Let me know if the query looks okay. Thanks all, sorry for the horrible
>> delay :)
> We welcome complaints from anybody who has done the work.  <grin />
;)

> Thank you for this work.
NP - sorry again for the delay.

Best,