[Libreoffice-qa] MAB

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:38:36 CET 2014

On 02/06/2014 06:16 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 10:09:43AM -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
>> Can everyone be on the lookout for people putting their own bugs on MAB
>> list. I've seen an increase in users doing this and it's making the MAB
>> almost unmanageable.
> This might be a sideeffect of the release. But FWIW, 20 bugs on the MAB4.2 do
Yeah 20 isn't bad but I've removed about 5-7 in the past week or so that
users has put there themselves. So about 25% of the bugs were users not
knowing our procedure and putting their own bugs on there. I don't think
an upper limit is going to solve the problem that users are quickly
figuring out our secret behind the scenes action and think that it's the
fastest way to get their own bugs fixed. At this point I think it's not
much better than users knowing how to mess around with priority/severity
- one user was one step away from being blocked for a day because he had
put 3-5 of his own bugs on there, still in unconfirmed status, 2 of
which were done after I had asked him to stop with the first ones.

Anyways just a heads up for everyone to keep an eye out so that we keep
MAB list manageable.

All the best,
Joel