[Libreoffice-qa] Rewritten backtrace with WinDbg

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Thu Jul 3 10:44:11 PDT 2014

jphilipz wrote
> How_to_get_a_backtrace_with_WinDbg - what i just updated, so its pretty
> much perfect in my eyes :), but will still polish it up in the next day.
> I plan to also do a video as an update to this one <
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fppBTs215yc >, which will be short and
> concise. Hopefully suokunlong will give it a try after seeing it. :)

Hi!
Wanted to update it myself, but do not have the time unfortunately. What I
wanted to add:
- source server configuration - LibreOffice symbol files are source indexed
nowadays
- changing the way of debugging - Open executable with Debug child processes
method
- downloading all needed symbols using symchk.exe to work offline
- use logopen command to save log without the need to copy paste
- add additional useful WinDbg commands run after analyze (dev input
required what is needed)
- describe backtracing with ProcessMonitor, GDB for Windows (I've seen
someone on Bugzilla/lists who prefers to do it this way)
- update the example texts with current outputs (new Procdump etc.)
Best regards.