[Libreoffice-qa] Whiteboard Status'

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 02:46:37 PDT 2014

On 16/06/14 23:39, Joel Madero wrote:

> *Status* 	*Question*

> complextest 	Is this useful? If so – when should we use it?
> unoapitest 	We have “uno” is that sufficient?

these two are very similar, maybe we could combine them as junittest?

> dataloss 	For me priority means this – Major/Critical plus a useful
> comment. Is someone tracking these to the point that we should start
> encouraging this status more?

yes this would actually be quite useful, it is very hard to tell from
bug subjects if there is a data-loss issue there, so you can't search
for it currently.

although actually i'd like to limit "dataloss" to ODF documents only,
where this really is not supposed to happen - if it's some other format
it's more like a missing feature
.
> experimentalEnabled 	Is this useful?

a little... it lets us de-prioritize bugs that happen in features that
are known to be broken anyway.

> odf 	Suggestion to change to “extension:ODF” – see previous email

this has nothing to do with extensions, but with file formats; in
particular ODF which is the default format and the one where we have to
care the most about interoperability issues with other office suites
(and also older versions of LO), so a short and sweet keyword is really
needed.

> odf_validation 	Who uses this? How do we know it's “validation” is it
> for developers only?

people have filed bugs about LO producing ODF documents that ODF
validators find objectionable.

i've got questions too:

> ConfirmedRegression

why do we need this, given that we have a "regression" keyword?  this is
a pointless alias... developers don't search for it, the ESC bug-stats
script doesn't know about it... fortunately currently only 2 bugs have it.