[Libreoffice-qa] Running LO 4.3 alpha in Windows XP...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed May 7 01:46:42 PDT 2014

Hi Pedro, *,

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Florian Reisinger wrote
>> Was it only the alpha 1? If so, CC cloph, as this (IMHO) buggy build is
>> the release config..
>> Buggy? It worked with the master (alpha 1 is just a snapshot of the
>> master) the day before, and the day after. At least all the bugs I found
>> on Windows....
>
> I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to Christian?

I'm reading the list and am currently investigating.

The alpha1 was built with a different compiler, but that should not
affect the baseline, i.e. it should still work on XP and obviously on
other platforms.

> I'm curious: why does
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@47-TDF/current/ point
> to master~2014-04-28_07.22.55_LibreOfficeDev_4.3.0.0.alpha1_Win_x86.msi when
> there is a newer build
> (master~2014-04-29_23.12.26_LibreOfficeDev_4.3.0.0.alpha1_Win_x86.msi)?

That is because the network was cut before the link was updated.

I'll prepare new build on the new baseline (i.e. new compiler version)
and also prepare to have that box provide daily builds instead of the
@47 one.

ciao
Christian