[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun May 18 06:05:09 PDT 2014

Hi bfoman,

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 04:45:20AM -0700, bfoman wrote:
> Mozilla wants to give-away their used Mac Mini hardware for non-profit
> organizations.
> Deadline May 22nd to apply. More details at http://armenzg.blogspot.com/.
> If you take them, those can be turned into Mac/Linux/Windows HackFest boxes
> easily.

Interesting. Mac minis certainly are transportable, but those are not the
newest models[1] -- most Hackfest attendents will have faster hardware in their
notebooks.

It might be worth considering as generic tinderboxes though -- those minis are
generally rather silent, so if we find some volunteers to host those, we should
maybe consider to apply for 5-10 of those.

Best,

Bjoern

[1] 2.2-2.6 Intel Core2Duo, 3MB L2 Cache is a bit slows for 1.3kg plus power
    supply these days ..