[Libreoffice-qa] TDF Bugzilla 4.4.6 test install

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:07:26 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 1:26 PM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I used this old-new test install and checked the control points I added to
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talk:QA/Bugzilla/TDF_Bugzilla_Proposal
>
> - change password link works, but as Base URL is not configured, so there
> are no working links in the change password message

Yeah, sorry -- I've been testing out how to store the data/params file
in git and/or salt, so the interface for vm144 (bugzilla-test) might
be slightly broken today as I get a new test VM up and running. I'll
try to get vm144 put back together by tonight.

> - Old Chart system doesn't work - seems data dir was not copied or copied
> and permissions are wrong

I don't have anything in the data/ dir, just a db dump. I can ask for
that in the next db dump from FDO.

> - New Charts - data is not updated, stalled in March - seems collectstats.pl
> is not enabled in cron

I'll investigate.

> - user preferences - OK
> - personal Tags - available, but all saved searches using tags at the bottom
> are gone in my case

My (one) saved search is working for me. Not sure what you mean by
"using tags at the bottom".

> - Whining schedules - schedules are imported, but Whining still doesn't work
> -  seems whine.pl is not enabled in cron (or emailing issue - but password
> reset is working, or interval settings are not set to 15 minutes)

I'll investigate

> - duplicates.cgi page - OK, but it won't be updated without collecting the
> stats
> - FDO Bugzilla UI patches or additional pages (like
> page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html) are missing - seems template/additional
> files are not copied from FDO install

Yep -- I only have a db dump right now.

> - potential duplicates table - OK
> I didn't touch any bugs as I do not want to generate any bugmail.
> Overall this new install seems slower when displaying all 10000 bugs than
> previous test install.
> It could be my connection today...

The filesystem underlying the VM is slower than we used previously.
I've chatted w/cloph about it, and I feel reassured that we can get
those speeds back up to at least the level of the previous install.

> Also TDF Bugzilla footnote is IMHO not clearly visible - the font is tiny
> and blends with background on Dusk theme.

It seems pretty visible to me in my browser. Specific page? (or
screenshot would work :-)

I don't want the text to steal the spotlight on each page. Any
suggestions on how we could better present it to the users?

> Maybe this should be done as Notes section on https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
> or/and at account creation page
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/createaccount.cgi.

I can add it to the account creation page, but I'm reticent to put a
big blob of text on the front page of the bug tracker (like the
'Notes' section). I just think people are going to get lost in all
that text.

It's tough, because I agree that there's a lot of useful information
for us to give to bug reporters, but I think we have to be very
selective so we don't frighten people away... :-)

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon