[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.4.3 rc2 test builds available

M Henri Day mhenriday at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 08:30:50 PDT 2015

> Hi *,
>
> for the upcoming new version 4.4.3 the builds for RC2 are now
> available on pre-releases.
>
> It is a build in release-configuration, meaning that it will update a
> previous version of LibreOffice on Windows.
> Linux and Mac users can install alongside LibreOffice 4.3
>
> See
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/4.4#4.4.3_release
>
> for the complete schedule.
>
> Grab the builds from here here:
>
>  http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/
>
> The list of fixed bugs relative to 4.4.3 rc1 is here:
>

> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugs-libreoffice-4-4-3-release-4.4.3.2.log
>
> So playing with the areas touched there also greatly appreciated  -
> and validation that those bugs are really fixed.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help,
> Christian

​Thanks for this heads-up, Christian !​ I previously installed 4.4.3 RC 1
on my (64-bit) Windows8.1 boxes ; after reading your message above I
checked for updates in the programme, but received, as I usually do in LO -
see previous messages on this topic - a message to the effect that «LO is
updated». The version presently installed is 4.4.3.1, with Build ID:
b2f347f2ac68821efc00b6f1793cda90af748118 (and language setting sv_SE). Is
this the latest and greatest, or do I, as I suspect, have to download and
install RC 2 separately (I'd really like to see that problem with the
update checker fixed) ? (When it comes to versions for Linux, upon which I
depend for production, I'll wait until the PPA forwards me the 4.4.3 stable
version, which, if I understand the schedule aright, will be released next
week....)

Many thanks for wonderful work the developers devote to making LO the
fantastic product it is !... [?]

Henri