[Libreoffice-qa] suggestion for weekly-bug-summary

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 03:58:39 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I agree that it would be good & it is possible.
>> Can I change add a query myself to that page?
> So you can clone our instance of bugzilla: git clone
> git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/bugzilla and try to figure out how that
> page is generated. I tried....couldn't find it for the life of me :-/

Anyone can check out the tdf-bugzilla repo. I think that I might need
to set up some code review via gerrit for patches, but I've been kept
busy with Bugzilla and other QA tasks in the last couple weeks --
guess I'll file a task for myself in Redmine to get gerrit working :-)

For the time being, if you've already submitted a contrib statement as
a LibreOffice developer, feel free to send me patches via email and
I'll review and merge them in. If stuff isn't MPL, or you didn't write
it, then we'll need to discuss further.

Deployment is via salt and git, and I have some notes here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Deployment
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Development

> But as Bjoern said, we'd have to license it appropriately and possibly
> upstream.

AFAIK there's no legal requirement to upstream our patches to
Bugzilla, but we're definitely in favor of it!  (Especially as it
reduces the size of the patchset we have to migrate from one Bugzilla
release to the next)

Best,
--R

--