[Libreoffice-qa] Try not to reopen bugs when anything more than a trivial amount of time has passed

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:29:21 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> I happy enough with reopened in the cases where the dev claims to fix
> the problem and sets it to fixed, tester tests and find it doesn't work.
> Turnaround time there would ideally be sort of next day or two, but up
> to a month seems the outmost edge of a reasonable threshold for me at
> least. But three months is too long IMO, and a year is surely too long
> for anyone.

It sounds like the ideal situation would be for a bug to be in some
kind of 'fluid' state for some time after it's ostensibly fixed (say,
a month), and then after that point, the act of 'reopening' it would
create a new bug, rather than still operating on the same bug report
in the system. Right now, I don't think Bugzilla is flexible enough to
implement that behavior without some deep surgery, but there are some
alternatives we could deploy...

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation