[Libreoffice-qa] Try not to reopen bugs when anything more than a trivial amount of time has passed

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 07:06:54 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 5:46 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> are doing it wrong then. RESOLVED means "claimed to be fixed on the source code
> on the master branch"

I agree

> VERIFIED means "checked in the revision claimed",

(or a later one)

> CLOSED
> means "released in a finalized version to public".

In most ecosystems I've left the 'CLOSED' state up to the bug reporter
to set (e.g. one could set it even if it's only fixed on master),
however I'd say the 'public release' definition is pretty reasonable.

> Users who want something different might be interested in buying commercial
> support.

Indeed ;-)  (of course, commercial support or not, we treat all bugs
equally in bugzilla)

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation