[Libreoffice-qa] Dealing with Corrupt Profiles

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Sun Oct 11 21:59:54 PDT 2015

Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to know people's thoughts about dealing with bugs that we know
> are caused by corrupt profiles. My suggestion:
>
> NEW
>
> with "corruptProfile" in the whiteboard. This is different from how it's
> currently done as we close these as WFM. I'm happy to continue but if we
> are trying to locate profile corruption, I think this would help quite a
> bit.
>

> Just thinking out loud.
>

> Best,
> Joel

I think adding a "corruptProfile" tag in the whiteboard would be good.
but I'd leave the WFM status instead of NEW

as far as I know most of those profile corruption are unpredictable and
never reproducible from scratch... and I've never seen a user with a
corruptProfile WFM bug telling that it happened again after resetting

moreover there's no automated tool yet to analyze profile folders (I'm
thinking about a bibisect-like thing) so I think that developers should
concentrate on reproducible bugs that affects multiple users rather than
focus on random bugs that affected one user only once in a time