[Libreoffice-qa] Testing Windows builds on Linux with PlayOnLinux now possible!

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat Feb 6 18:00:58 CET 2016

Le 2016-02-04 03:05, Pieter Kristensen a écrit :
> Hi Bjoern, all,
>
> Great that it works so well on PlayOnLinux. But how about Wine? Wine is
> provided by a lot (all) of the linux distributions (and BSD?).
> I tested it:
>
> I tried to install LO 64 bit on my 64 bit Kubuntu box. This didn't work.
> Then I tried to install LO 32 bit and that worked well. Only problem: I
> can't open files. The filepicker doesn't work as it should.
> But as far as I can see it the rest is working great.
>
> Wine seems to me the obvious solution because it's so easy to install. To
> bad that it does not work 100%

I just installed it on my 64-bit system using PlayOnLinux. The
filepicker works only if you choose the file first and then the "Open"
button. It will not work if you double click on the file.

Maybe this is the same on just a Wine installation?

Otherwise, thus far, it seems to work well installed with PlayOnLinux.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré